Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Days 24-29 Healing

Last week was a whirlwind of change for me. Beyond meeting with the surgeon and getting a different protocol than surgery, unplanned outpatient biopsies, and recovery....there were numerous other life changing events (of which I won't go into here). It was trying, stressful, painful, but mostly relief filled. I am still healing from the medical procedure, and have several more procedures to go before the year is out, but have good news and many things for which to be grateful!

Healing from physical and emotional wounds is a similar process, and follow the grieving progression. As we heal and gain our self again, gratitude abounds. The pain dissipates and is replaced with relief and mobility. It becomes the reprieve we need to become better and not bitter. This week is very much lighter, but still an integral part of the process to my healing. In all steps of last week and this week, I am extremely thankful!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment