Friday, October 30, 2015

Say What?

So in observation of a long-term dysfunctional relationship is a petri dish fraught with examples of how not to be! Recently, another hideous such example from such a  relationship was brought to me, so thought I'd share....We'll call this lesson in life, "Get Over Yourself"

It's never okay to manipulate your relationships. Throwing a tantrum in the midst of your manipulations is ridiculous and LOL, albeit tragic at the thought of how truly pitiful such a person is. If you want someone in your life, sending them a text reprimanding them for not kissing your ring, is juvenile and beyond egomaniacal. So often, I've heard that so and so doesn't ever call me....Do you have a phone? Then call them. Waiting around passive aggressively stewing over someone not doing something you telepathically wish them to just so your ego can stay in check .... well there are no words except, bye bye now! 

1 comment:

  1. Lol, yes and exactly! Pride is an insidious little thing. It starts out with something small, maybe even a legitimate hurt. But instead of dealing with it in a health, non-codependant way, I keep it as a pet. Feed it, nurture it. The next thing you know I've declared a passive-aggressive war on the other person, and now I'm the one acting inappropriately. Rather than admit that I'm in the wrong , I start to justify the inappropriate actions (cause they started it after all). Now I'm stuck. Either I painfully release my pet pride, admit I'm wrong, and grow, or I keep feeding the pride monster until the relationship with this other person breaks and dies.

    ReplyDelete