Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Internal Not External

So ;-) A lesson learned in a rhyme:

A little bitty Finch sitting by a tree;
Wanting to be a Hawk so very badly.
The size was important, but the status more so;
Poor little Finch didn't know how to grow.
Growth of that magnitude is something from within;
Neither does it matter what or how you're born;
The kinda growth we're talking is mentally performed.

You can desire a status of any or every kind, but true stature is from internal growth and understanding. Such stature neither cares to whom you were born, what you look like, or how much money you can collect. Anyone in any situation can have as much or as little as they develop from within. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like that poem. It's so easy to want to become what I perceive someone else is. Every gift comes with a flaw. I see someone else, and can only see the gift. I look at myself and can only see the flaw.

    ReplyDelete