Thursday, September 24, 2015

It's Just So Easy For Others

So something I hear a lot is "it's just so easy for you" to fill in the blank (eat healthy, exercise, balance life, do life, work, adult, etc., etc., etc.). What? Easy is not a word I'd ever use for me, my life, or what I deal with on a daily basis. I work really hard and fail a lot and pick myself up by the bootstraps a lot and work some more. The difference a good bit of the time is that I don't just sit waiting for someone else "to do" for me, so it looks like I just can breeze through anything. What's not seen is the internal struggle, the ongoing discipline, and the sheer will to push forward and through. It's not easy for me or for anyone to have discipline and just do our responsibilities and grow past our weaknesses. It's freakin' hard as all get out. It is however, the best way to learn, breathe, grow, earn, accomplish, and feel free, individual, at peace, and empowered. So, next time you're looking at someone else "doing" and you start to think that "you'd do that too, but it's just easier for them so you won't even try", know that's crap. If someone is accomplishing something and it looks easy, know it isn't. Know that what looks easy on the outside to a viewer takes just that much more discipline to do and not grumble about! Everything in life is a choice! You are either choosing the next right thing regardless of the amount of work involved, or you are a making an excuse as to why you can't, because it's just not as easy for you as those who choose the former.....

1 comment:

  1. So very true. I've had to install a warning klaxon. Every time I find myself thinking "it's so easy for them", red flags go up everywhere now. I'm realizing that is my first step into creating excuses for why I don't need to do.

    ReplyDelete