Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Regrets

Living with regrets....Why? Regrets, like worrying, are futile. They do not serve you in any way. Understanding what went wrong in past situations is one thing, but harping on things you woulda, shoulda, coulda, done differently will not produce anything but future regrets. Think about this for a second....If you are worrying about the future, you are not living in the present or in any manner truly impacting your future toward the positive. If you are dwelling in regret of the past, then you will soon enough regret what that did to both your present and your future. Live in your present with the knowledge you have gained by past situations and continue to grow toward a better regret free future!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I have a bad habit of confusing regret with learning from my mistakes. But if I can't forgive myself for being human, and screwing up; how can I ever learn from that mistake or forgive other people for also being human.
    I heard someone recently say, "I'll just never be able to forgive myself for not doing xyz". But if we're so focused on what we did wrong, well I know that I find myself continuing to repeat that behavior. Better to keep my focus fixed on the present for sure.
    And definitely not to adopt a "you only live once" attitude. Letting go of regrets is certainly not the same thing as not taking responsibility for what has happened, lol.

    ReplyDelete