Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Dissecting The Princess' Antagonist

She's referred to as the wicked witch, evil stepmother, queen, etc., but who is this horrible person really in all these princess movies? She is the bitter soul who wants the spirit of the 'princess' she abuses. If you read Dissecting The "Princess" Dream post, then take all of the misnomers and apply it to the antagonists of these movies (and our culture in general). The reality is the evil person here is the one who wants to be a slug and praised and worshiped without having to do anything but exist in ease and glory. She is insecure because she is a 'poor me' 'wanna be' without the desire to do. She wants what others have and the ego of feeling she deserves all the good without having to endure any of the bad. Mirror, mirror on the wall tell me how wonderful I am so I can feed my massive ego and soothe my massive insecurities because I know I'm less than a whole person and would rather stroke my pitiful 'can't do' spirit than actually do anything to fix myself....give me permission to just be pitiful and take what I need to feel better from someone else because I deserve it more.....Yep, that about sums it up! These 'won't do' individuals are not mean as their actions would relay. They are instead selfish, insecure, pissants who want without effort. This has no gender and infects a multitude of individuals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment